Senior Brand & Strategy Manager
MATTA is seeking to recruit an experienced Senior Brand & Strategy Manager. The Brand & Strategy role at MATTA is non-traditional in its set up and requires candidates to employ an unusual combination of skills. The role requires both outstanding commercial leadership of accounts and client management in conjunction with a forensic brand strategist brain that is able to unpick thorny briefs to create searing creative clarity for internal teams.
As a senior member of our Brand & Strategy team, you will be passionate about developing outstanding marketing strategies for exciting brands in the world of sport. You will lead the development of commercially successful client relationships, while also supporting new business pitches for MATTA. You will have the opportunity to steward first hand your strategies coming to life on shoots and in our acclaimed marketing assets.
Your key responsibilities:
- Develop commercially successful client relationships by providing leadership in all interactions with clients and agency stakeholders.
- Be 100% on top of the commercial aspect of the relationship, from budgeting, costing and assuming full P&L accountability for the success of your clients.
- Apply sound marketing judgement to ensure that all activity proposed will be effective and meet the objectives you agree with clients.
- Apply Matta’s Four Step approach to brand strategy development in orchestrating the creative response to briefs.
- Create and assimilate all the strategic inputs to a project.
- Be the pivot point in the ideation process, instinctively knowing what will and will not work, and guiding the team to the best course of action.
- Be responsible for the preparation and complete assimilation of client presentations and manage the internal team so that they are marshalled and well prepared in advance of client meetings.
- Be responsible for leading and writing award submissions for nominated campaigns that you work on.
- Keep your finger on the digital pulse, and stay involved in monitoring digital campaign metrics and analytical KPIs.
- Build trust and rapport with your direct reports, growing their skills and confidence through proactive leadership and coaching.
- You have the ability to quickly and intuitively get under the skin of brand positioning and strategic planning, and demonstrate a flair for precise brand communication through Brand Equity creation and building complete brand / campaign planning models.
- You are a natural relationship builder with the gravitas to quickly enable trust, rapport and respect.
- You display a consistent capability for outstanding organisation and project planning. You accurately scope projects, targets, budgets and project planning timelines to manage client expectations with regards to campaign planning and anticipated project delivery.
- A true agency professional, you are skilled at negotiating the best ‘win win’ commercial relationships and successful financial outcomes. You will be completely on top of budgets, client invoicing schedules and payment terms. You will be down to earth enough to enjoy rolling your sleeves up and lead the management of projects end to end - on time and to budget.
- You will ensure project objectives are always delivered because you are fanatical about execution and its detail and because MATTA’s reputation relies on their successful delivery.
Working with us means…
- Working alongside some of the brightest minds in an exciting sector - at the intersection of sport and consumer brand marketing.
- Joining a tight-knit community with an open, supportive culture.
- Delivering inspirational campaigns for our clients.
- Bringing your own ideas to the table and solving problems together.
Get in touch
If you think MATTA sounds like a place where you can do your best work, then send us your CV and a covering note telling us about yourself.
NB We have a flexible working policy, which means that you can choose when to work from home and when to come to our lovely office in Southwark.
We are unable to provide visa sponsorship.
Sorry - no agencies thank you.