Senior Brand & Strategy Manager
MATTA is seeking to recruit an experienced Senior Brand & Strategy Manager. The Brand & Strategy role at MATTA is non-traditional in its set up and requires candidates to employ an unusual combination of skills. The role requires both outstanding commercial leadership of accounts and client management in conjunction with a forensic brand strategist brain that is able to unpick thorny briefs to create searing creative clarity for internal teams.
As a senior member of our Brand & Strategy team, you will be passionate about developing outstanding marketing strategies for exciting brands in the world of sport. You will lead the development of commercially successful client relationships, while also supporting new business pitches for MATTA. You will have the opportunity to steward first hand your strategies coming to life on shoots and in our acclaimed marketing assets.
Your key responsibilities:
- Develop commercially successful client relationships by providing leadership in all interactions with clients and agency stakeholders.
- Be 100% on top of the commercial aspect of the relationship, from budgeting, costing and assuming full P&L accountability for the success of your clients.
- Apply sound marketing judgement to ensure that all activity proposed will be effective and meet the objectives you agree with clients.
- Apply Matta’s Four Step approach to brand strategy development in orchestrating the creative response to briefs.
- Create and assimilate all the strategic inputs to a project.
- Be the pivot point in the ideation process, instinctively knowing what will and will not work, and guiding the team to the best course of action.
- Be responsible for the preparation and complete assimilation of client presentations and will manage the internal team so that they are marshalled and well prepared in advance of client meetings.
- Be responsible for leading and writing award submissions for nominated campaigns that you work on.
- Keep your finger on the digital pulse, and stay involved in monitoring digital campaign metrics and analytical KPIs.
- Build trust and rapport with your direct reports, growing their skills and confidence through proactive leadership and coaching.
- You have the ability to quickly and intuitively get under the skin of brand positioning and strategic planning, and demonstrate a flair for precise brand communication through Brand Equity creation and building complete brand / campaign planning models.
- You are a natural relationship builder with the gravitas to quickly enable trust, rapport and respect.
- You display a consistent capability for outstanding organisation and project planning. You accurately scope projects, targets, budgets and project planning timelines to manage client expectations with regards to campaign planning and anticipated project delivery.
- A true agency professional, you are skilled at negotiating the best ‘win win’ commercial relationships and successful financial outcomes. You will be completely on top of budgets, client invoicing schedules and payment terms. You will be down to earth enough to enjoy rolling your sleeves up and lead the management of projects end to end - on time and to budget.
- You will ensure project objectives are always delivered because you are fanatical about execution and its detail and because MATTA’s reputation relies on their successful delivery.
We take pride in all we do - doing what we say we will, when we say we will do it.
We work together - fostering great teamwork and a shared sense of achievement, treating others as we would want to be treated.
We are brave - never settling for good enough, we are innovative and always push for more.
We have drive - because we know you get out what you put in and want to be your best.
We stay true - because we have a deep well of personal and professional integrity and instinctively know the right thing to do.
Whatever we do we #makeitmatta.
The cherry on top:
- Salary: Competitive pay, and a guaranteed 3% annual pay rise, or 5% to 10% based on targets.
- Holiday: 22 days, that increases with service up to 30 days.
- Equipment: Brand new MacBooks, iMacs and all the accessories you’ll ever need.
- Health: Free gym membership or monthly contribution to your sports team, and an Employee Assistance Programme to help you with your wellbeing.
- Personal development: Quarterly career check-ins (‘YouMATTAs’), contribution to training courses of your choice, and structured career progression.
- Socials: regular nights out including meals, drinks and activities; tickets to major sports events; payday pizza Friday… When the world returns to normal!
Get in touch:
If you think MATTA sounds like a place where you can do your best work, then send us your CV and a covering note telling us about yourself.